Set the mood at your next holiday party, or just around the house, with a Winter Luminary! This is a fast and easy decoration that can help use up some of the things you might have cluttering your cabinets.
I made a little snow topped winter village scene for the Kensington Craft Off, but you can decorate yours with anything you’d like.
- Glass jar (Repurpose ones you might have with missing lids in the house)
- Clip art: Make sure it’s long enough to wrap completely around your jar
- Black marker or paint
- White paint
- Glitter (optional)
- Fairy lights or tea lights
- Print out your clip art and tape it to the inside of the jar (art facing out)
- Trace the outlines of the art with your pen/marker
- Paint in the traced outlines with your black (or dark) paint and let it dry (you can remove the art from inside the jar at this point)
- Once the black paint is dry add clouds of white paint around the rim of your jar. If a little slips or drips onto your wintery scene it’s fine—now you have some extra snow! (Optional: Add glitter to the white paint)
- After all of the paint is dry you can add fairy lights or tea lights to the inside for a shadow-lantern effect.
- Curl up next to your luminary with a blanket and start reading!
Facebook Live : 12/1 @ 2PM.